On Saturday, April 14th, 2018 at 7:00pm, the celebrated Song of the Angels Flute Orchestra concert will perform a concert at the Moss Theatre in Santa Monica (https://www.mosstheater/com/visit). For concert details or directions please contact Lisa Norton at (206) 218-6007.
Song of the Angels Flute Orchestra was founded by flautist and educator Frederick Staff in 2005. Song of the Angels is a Los Angeles-based ensemble comprised flutes of all sizes, including piccolos, C flutes, Alto and Bass flutes, Contra-bass flutes, and a Double-contra bass flute — one of only four double-contras in the world! Song of the Angeles plays 6-10 concerts a year in the LA area and also performs each February in San Diego. Our concerts include classical music, jazz, and international pieces, and we are often joined by well-known soloists such as Los Angeles Chamber Orchestra’s David Shostac, jazz flutist Ali Ryerson, harpist Naomi Alter among others. As part of our outreach to developing artists, we invite audience flutists to join us in playing an encore piece at the end of each concert. Please follow us on Facebook for notifications about upcoming concerts as well as video bites of our rehearsals. If you would like to be added to our email list for concert details, please send us a message!
The April 14th concert, under the baton of music director Charles Fernandez, will include works by Massenet, Cimarosa, Gershwin, Strauss, Piazzola among others. The Cimarosa Concerto will be performed by flautists David Shostac and Susan Greenberg.
General Admission: $20/Adult, $15/ Seniors and $5/Children under 18. Concert is free to New Roads school families and staff. Tickets are available at www.soafluteorchestra.com/tickets/. To hear excerpts from previous Song of the Angels Flute Orchestra concerts, go to www.soafluteorchestra.com/videos/.
Song of the Angeles Flute Orchestra is a 501(c)3 tax-exempt organization. Contributions are deductible to the extent permitted by law.
- Sunday, 2/28/16 – Winter Dreams Performance Details
- Christmas Remembrances Video | Rehearsal Sunday @ 7PM
- Spring Sensations | San Diego Flute Guild Spring Festival
- All Souls’ Day Concert | Nov. 2nd 2014
- June Romance Concert | June 8th 2014, Emmanuel Lutheran Church
- Spring Flowers Concert | April 13, 2014 Rancho Palos Verdes
- “Winter Dreams” Concert with David Shostac and Eugenia Zukerman
- FREE Concert at Emmanuel Lutheran in N. Hollywood
- Song of the Angels at Boston Court Theater in Pasadena